Right now, when you enter the Forum you can see a useful "New" flag on threads that you haven't yet read (typically because they've been created or updated since your last visit). Since that code already exists, such a flag would be quite useful in some other places, too:
- Next to the CORETECHS "Forum" link on the main page when there is at least one unread "New" thread.
- Next to the "Citizen Council" link on the main page when there is at least one unread "New" thread in the Citizen Council Forum.
- Next to the "Syndicates" link on the main page when there is at least one unread "New" thread in the player's Syndicate Forum.
- Next to blogs that have unread "New" updates.
- Next to the CORETECHS "Blogs" link on the main page when there is at lest one blog with an unread "New" update.
I know this has been mentioned before, but it was pre-Citizen Council and long enough ago that I'm pretty sure it's fallen off the radar. I also know that it may not seem like a high priority, but sadly the forums are pretty quiet, and I suspect people would visit them more (and perhaps interact more) if they knew there was new content.